Saturday, March 6, 2010

Brooklyn's Finest (Not quite)

I just watched Brooklyn's Finest with a slew of stars that I will list: Don Cheadle, Dick Gere, Ethan Hawke, Wesley Snipes, Ellen Barkin, Vinnie D'Onofrio, and Will Patton (COACH YOST). Great cast and acting, story was a little spread out and disappointing. It intertwines three main stories of different police officers dealing with their life issues that invariably effect their work. Don Cheadle is AWESOME in my opinion, as is pretty much everyone else. There's a lot of violence and story to cover with all the characters, but it left me not really caring about any of them. Everyone does a good job, but I really just never felt invested in any character. You should really route for Hawke, who is trying to provide for a HUGE family with a police officer salary that is not sufficient for his family of soon to be 7. He's Catholic, so birth control is out of the question, so you should REALLY be rooting for the guy. It just didn't happen for me.

I liked the movie, but I really wouldn't recommend it highly for any particular purpose. Sidenote: Nice to see Wesley Snipes back in the game. To quote my friend Ryan "I wonder how much money the IRS is getting for this one."

Bottom Line: 6.7 out of 10. Entertaining and well-acted throughout, but there just isn't enough story because your time is constantly divided by 3.

2 comments:

  1. YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST!!!!! "Make them remember the night they played the Titans!" Greatest overstated quote ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I were a coach that would be spliced into every film session.

    Kidding.

    ReplyDelete