Sunday, March 7, 2010

AARON KAMPMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Jaguars made a VERY rare, correct personnel move by signing Aaron Kampman. The Jaguars have made horrible decisions regarding their league worst D-line. They recorded 14 sacks as a TEAM. That is 3 less than league-leader Elvis Dumervil. That's correct kids, 3 less than one GUY. This is compounded with the fact they traded up to get under performing DE Derrick Harvey and Quentin Groves in the draft two years ago with the sole purpose of being able to rush the Quarterback. I was so disappointed when I saw that draft pick hit (Ask my friend Zach) that I really looked like I just got stabbed. Kampman will provide a great pass rusher with unlimited energy to a defense in sore need of both. With Kampman they will double the sack total of last year no doubt. This will also take pressure off of a weak secondary with former all-pro Resean Mathis and Reggie Nelson as the only note-worthy players. My bad, they do have former Badger Scott Starks still... FML.

Side note: Watching just the end of Schindler's List because it's on cable. Simply put if you've never seen this film you need to watch it. It is the most powerful film-making I have ever seen in my opinion. I can't imagine a film doing a better job of showing the horrors of World War II, yet showing you the greatness of one man's work to save human lives throughout. I have no shame admitting that Liam Neeson's speech at the end of that film never fails to bring on the waterworks for me. It's really a movie that transcends that label and becomes more in my mind.

Bottom line: GO WATCH IT NOW IF YOU'VE NEVER SEEN IT.

2 comments:

  1. You and your Jaguars. I'm an Aaron Kampman fan...so I guess that means I'll be rooting along with you come football season...UGH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a sad and lonely fanhood Mr. Honore.

    ReplyDelete