Wednesday, February 22, 2017

John Wick: 2- The Wick is Lit

I'm a big fan of John Wick, so it's implied that I probably would like the second offering of the series. I think it's the best "action" movie that I've ever seen. What does that mean? It means that Keanu Reeves at age 52 is better at killing people and kicking ass than anyone who has come before. Van Damme, Segal, Norris, Stallone, Schwarzenegger, I get it, but Reeves is unreal. He is completely believable in a role that is SO difficult to convincingly play. He moves as you presume a special ops member would. I'm amazed by the quality of the fighting and gunplay. The plot doesn't matter really, just know that it's much crazier than the first film. Many more bodies, shots fired, stabbing, punching, kicking, and driving. Bottom line: 9.2 out of 10. It's weird rating it on the same scale as Oscar films, but this movie is a masterpiece in the art of action. Reeves will go down as the best action film actor ever after this series runs its course I believe. Dude is the O.G. Johnny Utah after all...

No comments:

Post a Comment