Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Sons of Anarchy

Sons of Anarchy is getting ready to roll out season 3 on Sept. 7th and you should take this opportunity to watch all the old episodes you can. If you have to forgo this for some reason, read some plot synopsis and get caught up, or ask me nicely to update you. The show is one of the best on TV assembling a great cast with a crazy and violent storyline. It follows the True Blood way of thinking, meaning almost all characters that are on the fringe are expendable. It's the most interesting piece of television that I know of for drama.

FX brings A-game all day it seems. It's Always Sunny, Rescue Me (don't watch, but love Dennis Leary), Justified, Archer, Louie, The League. It seems like they are the only real competition to HBO and Showtime for cable drama dominance. It's edgy enough where realism is not thrown out, but not so obscene that it isn't acceptable for cable. It's excellent that cable networks are allowed to not pussy-foot around everything and make something that is acceptably real when dealing with real life stuff. To pull off a motorcycle gang off the right way like Sons of Anarchy is a feat not possible without FX pushing regular cable limits with shows dating back to the Shield for EDGY DRAMA. I'm thinking South Park should jump to F/X and let the fun begin.

3 comments:

  1. I don't know if you've seen Mad Men or Breaking Bad, but AMC should really be mentioned along with FX. Just wanted to bring in some AMC love. Also I recommend Mad Men, though you may be more a fan of Breaking Bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard great things, I just don't know why I didn't jump on the Mad Men bandwagon when I heard booze and Christina Hendricks. BTW she's married to the super stoned kid "These snozeberries taste like snozeberries" in Super Troopers. I can't believe I don't watch a show about meth either, I'm failing myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't be too hard on yourself, there are too many good shows to watch as it is. Did anyone say Vampire Diaries?

    ReplyDelete