Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The Other Guys

I'll admit, I was VERY skeptical of this film, especially after I saw the PG-13 rating. This film did an amazing job of being awesome. Mark Wahlberg was in the perfect role for himself, one of just being pissed off at everything. Will Ferrell is outstanding, Michael Keaton is great in his return to comedy, everyone does a great job in fact. There are some classic lines and running gags that were gold in my opinion. I never like going to comedies in theaters, but I didn't mind at all in this one because I was laughing more than everyone else, which is RARELY the case. There's a plot that doesn't really matter of a man pulling off a ponzi scheme for billions with Chechnians, Nigerians, and a made-up global corporation. This movie had only a few patches between hilarity to move the story along, but you are never far from something comical. I really can't wait for the unrated version with the extra bad language and deleted scenes, it's going to be epic.

Bottom Line: 8.4 out of 10. This movie should be seen as soon as its convenient. It's just hilarious.

No comments:

Post a Comment